Ubuntu Plastics was established in 2003 manufacturing fabricated PVC fittings. In 2009, Ubuntu Plastics purchased Cape Town based Boseng to strengthen their product offering. Boseng was initially established in 1972, and is to date the oldest PVC fabricator in South Africa. In 2013, Ubuntu Plastics invested in equipment to manufacture HDPE fittings, and set up a factory in Roodekop, Germiston.
With a proven track record, Ubuntu Plastics caught the attention of the Dawn Ltd group, who purchased a 51% stake in Ubuntu Plastics in 2013, and welcomed the company into the Dawn Group. 2014 saw the construction of a new factory facility to manage the growth experienced in the manufacture of the PVC product line, as well as the HDPE plant. In 2015, the company purchased assets in Stubco to manufacture stub ends for the HDPE piping and fittings market.
Ubuntu Plastics specialises in the manufacturing of high quality PVC and HDPE fittings for use in irrigation, civil, mining and industrial sectors.
Ubuntu Plastics have a very simple and straight forward business protocol when it comes to our company ethos, service and product delivery.
- To ensure we adhere to the highest quality standards and systems, which reflect on our product quality and delivery.
- That the company continues to provide a standard that is world class, and adhere to quality practices and performance that deliver continuous improvement.
- We retain the highest level of customer service throughout all aspects of our business and exceed expectations.
- We continue to adapt and embrace innovative technology in our processes and ultimate product delivery.
- We act in a responsible manner that embraces social and environmental issues.